Translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard
A student from Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev, who the day just prior asked the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko an “uncomfortable” question, was expelled from the educational institution.
This was reported with reference to a source in the University according to Ukrainian media.
Poroshenko got into an awkward situation during a photo session with the students. One of them asked the President the question when he would send his children to the “ATO”.
- Student: Petro Alekseevich, and when will you send your children in the “ATO”?
- Poroshenko: They are back already. And the youngest is 14 years old, how old are you?
- Student: And when will the war end? I’m 22.
- Poroshenko: And you were in the ATO?
- Student: No, I’m just a student. The problem can’t be solved simply?
- Poroshenko: I’m sorry, but to solve this problem, we need the will of two parties. Our country, together with the international coalition and the aggressor.
- Student: Well, it turns out that we are hostages.
- Poroshenko: And you suggest to surrender to Russia?
- Student: No, I’m not suggesting anything.
- Poroshenko: Then listen to what I suggest.
After this dialogue, Poroshenko abruptly interrupted the session with the students and left the room.
Copyright © 2016 СТАЛКЕР/ZONE. All Rights Reserved.