Translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard
The Ukrainian side withdrew from the territory of the Donetsk Filtration Plant (DFS), but continues to strengthen the bunkers near it, declared the Ministry of Defence of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR).
“The military leadership of Ukraine managed to find the strength to drive away radical nationalists from the territory of the Donetsk Filtration Station. Nevertheless, the opponent continues to strengthen the bunkers near the station, which is a fundamental breach of the written guarantees and arrangements accepted earlier in Minsk by the UAF on March 15, 2015,” stated the deputy commander of the operational command of the DPR Eduard Basurin at a briefing.
He added that the DPR are ready to ensure the safety of repair crews for carrying out recovery work on the DFS.
“But, unfortunately, the Ukrainian side refuses to behave accordingly, and as a result, by all means, prolongs the reactivation of the station, which corresponds to the general concept of the humanitarian blockade of Donbass from the side of the Ukrainian authorities,” said Basurin.
The representative of the DPR noted that, without wishing to withdraw their equipment, the Ukrainian side continues to violate the Minsk Agreements, and in connection with this DPR reconnaissance revealed new weapons of the opponent near the contact line of troops. “So, near the settlement of Verkhnetoretskoye (4 km from the contact line) six tanks were recorded. UAF equipment that was earlier revealed by us also continues to be present along the contact line,” he declared.
At the same time, earlier a source close to the OSCE and Tripartite contact group told the Interfax Ukraine agency that during a videoconference of the Tripartite contact group on the settlement of the situation in the east of Ukraine, which took place on February 25th, an agreement on the admission of the Ukrainian repair crews on the Donetsk Filtration Station was reached.
Copyright © 2022. All Rights Reserved.