Translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard
I read the text of the speech of the President in parliament.
Great regrets. For the country. For people.
It is when the head of State considers the visa-free regime with the EU as the main achievement.
It is when the President:
- complains that reforms are prevented by bureaucrats and oligarchs, being an oligarch himself;
- swears that all will be punished for corruption, even the “President’s friends”, but there was never such corruption before as there is under him;
- frightens that the military exercises of the Russian army is a “preparation for a war of continental scale“, while the NATO Secretary General doesn’t see any threat;
- is happy that export to the EU grew by 23%, but doesn’t mention that export to Russia grew by 26.4%, and import – 41.5%;
- convinces that he wants peace, but he won’t come to an agreement on anything with the “fighters”;
- is proud that in the poorest country in Europe expenses on arms grew tenfold in comparison with 2013!!!
- tries to prove his devotion to the idea of a parliamentary and presidential republic, but vigorously puts in his pocket all branches of power;
- declares the decentralization of regions, leaving his Deputies there with huge powers;
- humiliates the country with a course into NATO and the EU, where it’s not awaited and where this is loudly proclaimed;
- promises to hold a referendum on NATO, knowing that he won’t do it;
- says that the church is separated from the State, but writes a letter to Bartholomew the First with a request to give autocephaly to the Orthodox Church;
- considers the renaming of 1000 settlements and the destruction of 1300 monuments to Lenin to be an achievement;
- rejoices that he agreed to buy 700,000 tons of coal from the US extremely expensively.
- is happy that human rights are limited and access to websites from the Russian side of the Internet is closed.
When the offer to liquidate the immunity of Deputies becomes a subject of bargaining and a “humorous joke”: “liquidate for the following Deputies as of 2020”.
And Deputies laugh.
And the President laughs.
But he who laughs last laughs best.
Copyright © 2022. All Rights Reserved.