Translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard
On the holiday of the Presentation of the Lord unknown persons set fire to a temple of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church [Moscow Patriarchate – ed], having profaned its walls with Nazi inscriptions.
On February 15th 2019, during the day of the Meeting of our Lord God and Saviour Jesus Christ, at around 19:30, a group of vandals profaned the oldest Orthodox church in Krivoy Rog.
As was reported by the press service of the Krivoy Rog diocese of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church [Moscow Patriarchate – ed], the criminals used an incendiary mixture to set fire to the temple, which led to serious damage being caused to the central entrance door and the archway icon of the Ascension.
The vandals left the inscriptions “14/88” on the walls, which has a direct bearing on the slogans of radical Nazi movements.
It is reported that currently law enforcement bodies are carrying out an investigation in order to establish the ID of the persons who committed this crime.
The Krivoy Rog diocese noted that the Church of the Ascension, which dates back to 1876, is a stronghold of Orthodoxy in Krivoy Rog.
Copyright © 2022. All Rights Reserved.