NEW – February 13, 2023
After consolidating more than 60% of the shares of the Global Ports group of companies owned by Delo and reaching an agreement on the terms of exit from business of the Danish co–owner of the Global Ports group A.P. Moller – Maersk, the Delo group established full control over the activities of the largest container terminal operator on the Russian market.
The management of the Delo company group intends to complete the transfer of the management and financial structures of the Global Ports group from Cyprus to Russia by mid-2023. The corresponding decision will be made at the shareholders’ meeting of the group of companies on March 2, 2023.
Owned by “Global Ports” are:
– “First Container Terminal” is the largest container terminal in the country, located on the territory of the Large Port of St. Petersburg;
– Petrolesport – several sites on islands in the marine waters of St. Petersburg: for loading rolled metal, heavy and oversized equipment, a specialised container terminal for working with refrigerated containers – the second most powerful in Russia, the largest refilling complex in St. Petersburg; located on the territory of the Large Port of St. Petersburg;
– Vostochnaya Stevedoring Company is the largest container terminal in the Far East, located in the port of Vostochny Nakhodka;
– Ust-Luga Container Terminal, located in the deep-water port of Ust-Luga on the Baltic Sea coast;
Moby-Dick – container terminal in Kronstadt on Kotlin Island on the ring road;
– Yanino logistics park is a large logistics center on the ring road east of St. Petersburg.
Most of the infrastructure of St. Petersburg and the region, which provides sea container transportation, is returning to Russia.
Before that, the Global Ports group paid taxes and consolidated profits from activities in Russia in the offshore zone in Cyprus, making large-scale investments in the ports of Scandinavia and the Baltic states.
Investments, with the outbreak of the war, sank into the void, the Russian owners of Global Ports decided to stay at home and transferred the business to Russia.
Unlike the story with the Far Eastern Shipping Company, where the owners, having sold off “illiquid assets”, became key actors in promoting the “Hyperloop” scam and, indulging in creativity, together with A. Makarevich published a two-volume book “Entertaining Narcology”, there was no nationalisation of property by the state.
God grant us all reason.
The Delo group belongs to Sergey Shishkaryev and the Rosatom group.
Prior to the acquisition of the Global Ports group, the main assets of the Delo group were container and oil loading terminals at the Novorossiysk seaport and Transcontainer transport company, Russia’s largest operator of rail container transportation.
The war in Ukraine forced the state and businessmen who supported the government to consolidate the country’s transport system, seizing property from unfriendly countries and forcing domestic owners to transfer business from offshore to Russia.
Copyright © 2023. All Rights Reserved.