Translated by Ollie Richardson
The UAF in the zone of the conflict in Donbass place military equipment directly in residential areas, provoking a larger number of victims among civilians.
This was reported by the deputy of the people’s council of the DPR Vladislav Berdichevsky on his Telegram-channel.
“Pesky, which is temporarily occupied by Kiev. The Ukrainian terrorists place their tanks clearly according to NATO standards – directly opposite houses,” he wrote.
It should be noted that this is not the first incident of this kind in Donbass. Earlier the OSCE SMM reported that they have repeatedly recorded the fact of artillery of the Ukrainian military being placed in the yards of houses.
“In violation of withdrawal lines in government-controlled areas, the SMM saw:
• two self-propelled howitzers (2S3 Akatsiya, 152mm) parked in the gardens of houses in a residential area of Vidrodzhennia (66km north-east of Donetsk);
• three stationary multiple launch rocket systems (BM-21 Grad, 122mm) in a compound near Topolyne (19km north-west of Mariupol);
• six stationary anti-tank guns (MT-12 Rapira, 100mm) near Novopavlivka (56km south-west of Donetsk),” it is said in the OSCE’s report from March 22nd.
“In violation of withdrawal lines, in government-controlled areas, the SMM saw:
• six self-propelled howitzers (2S1 Gvozdika, 122mm) near Anadol (39km north of Mariupol);
• two self-propelled howitzers (2S3 Akatsiya, 152mm) parked in the yards of two houses in Vidrodzhennia (66km north-east of Donetsk);
• a surface-to-air missile system (9K33 Osa) parked on a residential street near houses in Klynove (68km north-east of Donetsk),” it is noted in the OSCE’s report for March 17th.
In addition, over the past few days the OSCE SMM noted the active deployment by the UAF of heavy machinery via rail in the direction of Donbass.
“Beyond withdrawal lines but outside designated storage sites, in government-controlled areas, the SMM saw:
• nine self-propelled howitzers (2S1 Gvozdika, 122mm) stationary at a train station in Rubizhne (84km north-west of Lugansk);
• seven multiple launch rocket systems (BM-27 Uragan, 220mm) and supporting vehicles loaded on a train facing south-east in Sosnove (121km north of Donetsk);
• two surface-to-air missile systems (S-300) near Nikolske (formerly Volodarske, 21km north-west of Mariupol);
• a surface-to-air missile system (9K33 Osa) near Lysychansk (77km north-west of Lugansk) mounted on a military truck and traveling north-east;
• two surface-to-air missile systems (9K35 Strela-10) near Selidove (41km north-west of Donetsk) traveling east,” reported the OSCE in their March 21st report.
Copyright © 2022. All Rights Reserved.