Translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard
Martial law in Ukraine means the following:
- In the event that martial law is introduced, able-bodied citizens have a labor duty for the purpose of performing work of a defensive nature.
- A curfew on the territory where martial law is imposed.
- A specific regime of entrance and exit.
- Verification of documents, examination of things, vehicles, and so forth.
- Martial law allows the state to control the activity of the media, cultural institutions, and printing houses.
- Natural persons and legal persons are obliged to provide space for quartering of military personnel should the need arise.
- The military command can ban the activity of parties and public organisations if they threaten security, territory, the independence of the country, or the life of citizens.
- It is impossible to dismiss the parliament or to announce the impeachment of the president in a state of martial law. This also applies to most ministers, judges, the prosecutor’s office, and local governments.
- Martial law will also allow to cancel diplomatic agreements with the enemy and to seize the property of the aggressor that is on the territory of Ukraine.
Copyright © 2022. All Rights Reserved.